The Healthnicon was established in March 1995 – Then called “The Private Nursing School” – and was one of the first privately owned nursing schools in South Africa to be accredited by the South African Nursing Council.
Earning the status as a Private Higher and Further Education Institution over the years, the Healthnicon is dedicated to training Healthcare professionals as Community Health Workers, Auxiliary Nurses, Enrolled Nurses as well as Registered Nurses.
The Healthnicon head office is situated in Pretoria and the company comprises of three campuses namely: the Pretoria Campus, the Vaal Campus located in Vereeniging and the Western Cape Campus situated in Parow. All three the campuses are easily accessible by various modes of transport.
Students from all provinces approach this college for learning opportunities and the Healthnicon receives between 2000 – 3000 applications yearly and accommodates 800 full time students per year at the three campuses.
The Healthnicon is committed to training Healthcare Professionals for the health industry of South Africa. Life long learning is encouraged to ensure safe and competent practitioners with entrepreneurial skills. These objectives will be obtained with the application to teaching strategies and educational technology of the highest standards.
Goals and Objectives:
1. To allow the academically disadvantaged student entrance to formal and informal nursing programmes.
2. To co-operate with other higher education institutions through a process of networking.
3. To plan and offer qualifications through programs which will focus on the needs of the community at large.
4. To establish an academic environment characterized by free and open debate, critical questioning and experimentation with new ideas.
5. To demonstrate a social responsibility to the community by making expertise and infrastructure for development and uplifting programs available.
6. The expansion of educational programs focussing on all health-related educational needs.
It is our goal to ultimately open campuses in all nine provinces, therefore becoming the leader and the largest private nursing college in the country.
S.A. Nursing Council Registration Numbers:
Pretoria Campus: S1463
Vaal Campus: S1707
Western Cape Campus: S1706